RECIPE: Chorizo Naan Pizza
What could be more simple, more filling, and more satisfying than a pizza? (How about an entire pizza to yourself!)
We’ve paired our ever popular Nice Rack Red blend with Homemade Chorizzo Naan Pizza, a simple recipe prepared by our very own Jessica Hudson!
- Garlic Naan, 1 naan for every pizza you wish to make.
- Tomato Paste (that staple of pizza)
- Cherry Tomatoes, drizzled in Olive Oil and desired Spices
- Peppercorn Goat Cheese
- Minced Garlic (lots)
- Spicy Chorizo Sausage (sliced ultra-thin)
- Chili Oil
- Spread tomato paste on naan bread then coat cherry tomatoes, cheese, basil, garlic, and chorizo atop tomato paste.
- Drizzle chili oil atop and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
The Story Behind the Recipe:
Our Nice Rack Red blend has long been singled out as our go-to wine for pasta nights and pizza parties, but we’ve always contended that it shines best when paired with that Iberian classic – chorizo sausage! Its subdued tannins, caramel like body, and subtle hints of berries give this red blend the initial profile of a Port-style wine, and a phantom finish akin to that of a Bordeaux-style. This kind of deeply complex body and flavour profile subdue the natural spices of the chorizo without detracting from its own unique flavour. It performs a similar magic trick on other spicy dishes too. But lets just be honest, who in their right mind would ever pass up chorizo sausage!
We recently featured our Nice Rack Red and Chorizo Naan Pizza in the first installment of EZ Rock’s Back Door Tastings! You can watch the video here (but you’ll have to make the pizza yourself): https://www.iheartradio.ca/ez-rock/ez-rock-penticton/videos?target=1.10538582
While you’re there be sure to enter the contest for a chance to win a $250 Gift Basket from us here at Back Door Winery!